CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You're Ugly, Too

I'm not sure where to really begin with this story. All I know is that not only is the plot humorous, but the main character herself. Something that really caught me was the point of view from which this story is written. I think this is because most of the literature we have read this semester has been first person point of view. This is however third person omniscient. Everything is written in third person, but much of it is from Zoe's point of view, and involves a more in depth description of how characters feel and act. I found that as I was reading this story, I would struggle between the first person conversation and the third person telling of the story, because I would think, wait did the point of view just change on me? In all, I think it is important that the story is taken from Zoe's perspective because she is really the one who seems to impede the gloom for herself through humor. Without taking this story from her point of view, the humor would be irrelevant in trying to describe how she feels about events and certain people.

1 comments:

Mr. Costello said...

isn't it third person limited....doesn't the narrator only give us insight to Zoe?