CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Thoughts

'"Moving and Unexpected."' -The Denver Post

I have a lot of remaining thoughts on the book as I have now finished reading it. Instead of choosing a quote from the novel I chose an opinion of the book as a whole, one that similarly matches mine.
When I began reading, I could not understand what about the novel drew me in. It seemed as if Hosseini used little action, but his descriptions to the characters enticed me to keep reading. I believe it was how real he was able to make the characters. Each their own issues. They were not one dimensional, and I believe that many of their secrets were to be revealed as the novel went on.
Also, I liked Hosseini's technique of foreshadow. I feel that many things connected in the novel and made sense. For example, Amir and his wife were not able to conceive children. This statement became apparent to me when Rahim sent Amir to look for Sohrab, in my mind I thought this is the dream they've been looking for, but that dream ultimately was a nightmare. Also, the haunting words of do not make children promises, and that the man's daughter had committed suicide. I never expected the actions of Sohrab to take place, but as soon as I did, I thought back to the man at the embassy and his bitterness.
Finally, I enjoyed many of the themes found in The Kite Runner, in that, it was not predictable, it was not a theme we find a thousand times over. Rather, it focuses on redemption from the past. And not redemption of an insignificant event but one that had life changing consequences. It also focused on a father/son relationship, and how to come to renew and keep that relationship along with acceptance.
Overall, the novel can be viewed on many different depths making it a complicated piece of literature although its plot is easy to follow and understand.

0 comments: